If you didn’t already know – I’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth. But I keep it at bay by planning my sweet treats during the day. I have learned that after dinner I normally get a hankering for dessert, and so over the past few weeks I’ve found some recipes that I liked the look of – tweaked them a bit – and made them my own. Following the Paleo diet this month has made things a bit more difficult (and the ingredients a bit more expensive) but yesterday I cooked up some Paleo Snickerdoodles to try.
A snickerdoodle is a cookie traditionally made of butter, sugar, flour & oil and rolled in cinnamon. Now, the paleo diet doesn’t condone ANY of the main ingredients, so naturally you might think that these are off the menu for me… but no! Do a little bit of yummly/google searching and you come across some amazing adapted recipes for every diet under the sun!
Diet: the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
i.e: NOT a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves
This recipe is SO simple, and took all of 15 minutes from start to finish – so if you fancy a quick craving filler, this might be the one for you!
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
3 tsp Stevia
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (I use this one)
1/4 Cup Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
– Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
– Melt all of the liquid ingredients together in a small pan on low heat
– Mix all of the dry ingredients (apart from the cinnamon) together in a bowl
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together to form the ‘dough’
– Use a spoon to make small balls (this recipe makes 15), and roll the balls in the cinnamon powder before placing on a lined cookie tray
– Pop in the oven for 7-8 minutes
– The cookies will be SOFT when they come out of the oven, but leave them to cool on the cookie tray and they will firm up nicely
2.7g Protein / 7.8g Carbs / 10.1g Fat
I’ll probably try and make a protein version with our Vanilla protein powder, so I’ll definitely let you know how that turns out!!