With me and Matt trying out the Paleo diet this month, we knew that it meant giving up our beloved Oaty Protein Pancakes (damn those oats!!). But, seeing at those pancakes are bloomin’ lovely – I needed to find a new recipe to satisfy those cravings – and so I did!!
With a bit of ingredient tweaking, the final result was super yum! There’s an option below if you don’t want to add protein, so read ahead for the recipe:
(Serves 2 – or 3 if you’re not greedy like us)
3 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
2 Scoops Protein Powder (we use this one)
Option: Switch out the protein powder for coconut or almond flour if required
– Put all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth
– Add coconut oil/ghee/butter into a small pan on medium heat
– Add mixture to the desired thickness and cook for 1min-1min 30 until the edges harden & bubbles start to form on top
– Flip the pancake and cook the other side for 1 minute
– Stack up, add some toppings and ENJOY!!
I found that if you didn’t re-grease the pan after each pancake, then they tended to stick.
Per Serving (if splitting between 2):
34.4g Protein / 30.5g Carbs / 2.5g Fat (plus oil used in pan)
If splitting between 3:
22.9g Protein / 20.3g Carbs / 1.7g Fab (plus oil used in pan)