I wanted a really simple recipe for clean granola bars, so I did a little research, and with a couple of attempts this recipe worked, so enjoy!
(Makes 8 large bars)
8 Medjool Dates (pitted and chopped)
3 tbsp Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Raw Honey
1 cup Mixed Nuts
1 Cup Rolled Oats
– (Optional Step) Roast off the oats in the oven for 15 minutes until toasted and slightly brown then add to a mixing bowl
– Put the nuts into a food processor/blender and break down slightly. Add them to the bowl. If you don’t have a food processor then pop the nuts into a bag and whack them with a rolling pin!
– Heat the chopped dates, peanut butter & honey in a pan until melted and sticky
– Pour over granola mixture and stir until everything is covered (it will be like a flapjack consistency)
– Line a shallow dish with clingfilm and press the mixture in. Flatten the top and neaten up the sides
– Put mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes (or freezer for 10 minutes) until hardened slightly.
– Remove from the dish, cut into ‘fingers’ with a sharp knife, and enjoy!!
288 Calories (depending on nut mixture)
7% Protein / 41g Carbs / 30g Fat
TiffyTopTip: Replace 1/4 cup of oats with some protein powder to up the protein goodness of this clean and healthy snack!