What a great week!!
We’ve settled in well to our apartment at The Staybridge Suites on Yas Island, we’ve exercised well, eaten well, and managed to explore Abu Dhabi a bit more, checking out a couple of the malls and heading to our first Iftar (blog post about that coming in the next couple of days)
I feel really happy here, in control of my nutrition, and being with Matt every day pushes me to get us both up in the morning to exercise before breakfast.
Here’s the last seven days in pictures:
That Good Week…
– Eating and exercising well (obviously!) and getting into a strong routine
– Watching our first two sunsets on Yas Island and on Saadiyat Beach… so beautiful!!!
– Enjoying our first Iftar (breaking of the fast) with some of Matt’s new colleagues at the St Regis, Saadiyat Island
– BEAUT weather, like, ALL of the time
– Exploring our new home
That Bad Week…
– Feeling horrible at the beginning of the week after indulging for 2 weeks back in the UK
It’s really quite difficult to think of anything bad for this week. It’s all been pretty damn great!
More of the same please! We’re looking forward to sticking to our routine of getting up to go the gym in the morning before a strong breakfast, a couple of hours by the pool and then exploring a bit more of our new home in the afternoons.
Considering we’ve had such a good week, I don’t want to get complacent about it all, so I need to make sure that I smash it out the same next week like I have on this one! I don’t want to slip and fall back into any kind of bad habits.
I really want to check out some of the healthy eating places in Abu Dhabi, and I have created a bit of a Bucket List so that we can go round and give them a go when Ramadan is over and they all open up again. If anyone knows of any good places that I should add to the list, then please let me know!