Well – what a week! We’ve said goodbye to friends and family in the last couple of weeks and we are finally actually in Abu Dhabi!! EEEEEK!
It’s been a busy busy week for the two of us, including last minute suitcase shopping because I couldn’t fit all of my stuff in, a whirlwind watch of Jurassic World because Matt couldn’t leave the country without seeing it, and a long day travelling on Saturday to get here. We’re now finally here in our apartment at the Staybridge Suites on Yas Island, and we couldn’t be happier! The place is great, with two free gyms, two outdoor swimming pools and everything that we could possibly need to get us settled here in Abu Dhabi and into a routine.
Here’s the last seven days in pictures:
That Good Week…
– Having a great day at Center Parcs with the family (read about that here)
– Finally getting to Abu Dhabi and being able to unpack!
– Enjoying our first day in the sunshine by the pool at the Staybridge Suites where we are staying until we secure a property ourselves.
That Bad Week…
– Not doing ANY exercise at all, due to my knee injury and generally not having enough time throughout the week
– Bad nutrition, and not even logging anything *bad tiff*
– Saying goodbye to friends and family before heading off with Matt to the airport.
Weighing in on Sunday morning at 10st 2lbs and taking photos (which look horrendous)
We are really looking forward to kicking off our lives here in Abu Dhabi the right way, and so we are not treating the first weeks here as a holiday. No-siree! We are going to have a solid gym routine, good food and a total cut on alcohol, which will help us get right back on track. The gym in our place is 24hrs, so we really have no excuse when it comes to working out. My knee has healed and I am raring to go! Can’t wait to use this time as a bit of a cut, with HIIT and a calorie deficit to go alongside each other to hopefully shed the pounds that I have put on in the last few weeks.
Can’t wait to keep you all updated as we go along 🙂