We LOVE Cheesecake…
…And so I have found yet another recipe to tickle those cheesecake-y tastebuds.
This one is made with White Chocolate Muscle Mousse, which is a yummy protein-packed dessert (just like Angel Delight) that’s generally made up just by mixing it up with water/almond milk and letting it set in the fridge.
I thought I’d get a little adventurous and go on the Muscle Mousse Kitchen to see what ideas they had, and low an behold, a whole host of different cheesecake recipes popped up on my screen. YUM!! Having the white chocolate Muscle Mousse gave me loads of options on what flavour I could make, but I went for simple white choc and almond. And THIS is how it turned out…
I know, right?!
Read the recipe below:
(Makes 8 Slices)
180g/2 Cups Ground Almonds/Almond Flour
2 Tbsp Apple Sauce (or Agave Nectar)
3 Scoops White Chocolate Muscle Mousse
250g Low Fat Soft Cheese
1/4 tsp Almond Extract
1/4 Cup Sweetener
– Heat oven to 180 degrees
– Mix together the almond flour & apple sauce until formed, then press down into a 8′ tin (one with a removable base is probably best)
TiffyTopTip: cover the back of a spoon with cling film so it doesn’t stick when pressing it down.
– In a second bowl, mix the Quark, Soft Cheese, Muscle Mousse, Almond Extract & Sweetener with a whisk (electric is better) until it’s nice and smooth. Have a little taste at this stage to see whether you need anymore flavouring.
– Pour the mix on top of the base and flatten out
– Pop in the oven for 25 minutes. The cheesecake shouldn’t brown on top – if it starts to then turn the oven down slightly.
– Remove from the oven and let cool for 4 hours in the fridge before removing it from the tin and slicing.
– Add any toppings you like and serve!!
33% Protein / 14% Carbs / 53% Fat
Edits You Could Make…
If you wanted to make it lower in fat – use low fat digestives as the base instead of almonds.
You don’t necessarily have to use Muscle Mousse in it, you don’t have to add protein at all. You can just have a yum cheesecake that isn’t full of sugar!
Get creative with the toppings!