I love looking for new recipes online, but I get really annoyed when all of the recipes have about a million different ingredients. I have a little chop and change (well, I make it up) and see what happens. This time around it was a simple lemon chicken…and it’s scrummy!!
Have a look at the recipe…
400g Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 Crushed Garlic Clove
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar or Honey
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Olive Oil
– Flatten or butterfly chicken breast so they are roughly 1-2cm thick
– Add breadcrumbs, salt, pepper & garlic into shallow bowl, and coat the chicken
– Use large pan (with lid) on medium heat and add the oil
– Put in chicken and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes on medium heat each side until cooked through
– Mix together agave nectar & lemon juice
– When chicken is cooked, remove onto plate and add agave/lemon mixture into the pan. Whack heat up to high until the mixture goes gloopy and thick, and then remove half of the mixture (you can dispose of this unless you want it extra saucy)
– Pop the chicken back into the pan to soak up some of the sauce on high heat, flip to get the other side.
– Serve & enjoy!!
Per Serving – 397 Calories
67% Protein / 15% Carbs / 18% Fat