Read my daily diary below:
Monday – Rest Day
Tuesday – Shoulders & Arms
- Superset 1 (x4) – Push Jerks (25kg Bar x 10) / Dumbell Upright Rows (10kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Cable Rear-Delt Flies (5kg each arm x 10) / Cable Front Raises (5kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Skullcrushers (15kg Bar x 10) / Drag Curls (17.5kg Bar x 10)
- Push Ups x 30
- Plank – 1 Minute
- Side Plank – 1 Minute (each side)
- Isometric V-Up – 30 Seconds
- Ab Roller x 20
- Russian Twists x 30 (10kg)
Wednesday – Plyometrics/Legs
Plyometrics – Circuit x 3
- Line Jumps x 10
- 180 Jumps x 10
- Tuck Jumps x 10
- Depth Jumps x 10
- Dynamic Step-Ups x 10 (each leg)
- 5 Sets of 10 @ 35kg
- Superset 1 (x3) – Good Mornings (25kg Bar x 10) / Standing Calf Raises (30kg Bar x 20)
- Superset 2 (x3) – Leg Extensions (45kg x 10) / Leg Curl (42.5kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x3) – Leg Abductor (47.5kg x 10) / Leg Adductor (47.5kg x 10)
- 12 Minutes Stationary Bike
Thursday – Cardio & Core
- Interval Training: 30 Minutes – 30seconds high (13.5kph) / 45 seconds low (9kph)
- Crunch (30 x 25kg)
- Cable Woodchopper (20 x 13.75kg) each side
- Roman Chair Leg Raise x 30
- Russian Twists (30 x 10kg)
- Ab Roller x 10
Friday – Back
- Superset 1 (x4) – One-arm Dumbbell Rows (10kg x 10 each arm) / Dumbbell Pullovers (14kg x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Rows (9kg each arm x 10) / Lat Pull Downs (25kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Lat Pull Downs (22.5kg x 10) / Cable Face Pulls (16.25kg x 10)
- Finisher – Single Arm Cable Lat Pull Downs (13.75 x 8 each arm)
- Swiss Ball Roll Ups x 20
- Ab Roller x 20
- Press Ups x 30
Saturday – Chest & Shoulders
- Superset 1 (x4) – Bench Press (20kg x 10) / Seated Shoulder Press (5kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Flys (5kg each arm x 10) / Dumbbell Front Raises (5kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Bench Press (20kg x 10) / Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises (5kg each arm x 10)
- Finisher (3 sets to failure) – Push Ups
- Toe Touch Sit Ups x 30
- Plank – 1 minute
- Crunches x 30
- Leg Raises x 30
Sunday – Rest Day
As always, I noted down all of the weights that I have done over the past weeks to see what increase I made from week to week.
Week 1 – 2: Overall, from all sets and reps, I lifted 2,465kgs more in week two than in week one. That’s 388 stone, which is 40 of me!
Week 2 – 3: In all sets and reps, I lifted 1,405kgs more in week three than in week two. That’s 221 stone, which is 23 of me!
Week 3 – 4: In all sets and reps, I lifted 4,190kgs more in week four! Thats 659 stone, which is 69 of me!!!
This is brilliant!! Without the cardio – it looked as if I was able to concentrate more on the programme, which had me adding exercises, adding weights and paying much more attention to what I was doing.
It made me think actually – what if I hadn’t have done the 10k this month alongside the plan..? Would I have added on a load more weight and be rocking that proper 6 pack right now? Maybe!!
It’s time to start a new programme…and this month I have chosen Ashley Conrad’s 21-Day Clutch Cut. Sounds scary doesn’t it?!! Well, it bloody looks it too! Ashley Conrad is a trainer to the stars (including Bradley Cooper) and this is her 3 week programme used to whip a star into shape before a movie shoot. I have been looking at this plan for a couple of weeks, because it’s pretty damn hard core and I’m a little bit scared that I won’t be able to do it… but I’ve bitten the bullet and hopefully I am going to smash it out!
Me and Matt have decided that March is our month to be super-duper good and get into shape, because with both of our birthdays over Easter Weekend, we will surely fall quite dramatically off of the band wagon, so I think that the Clutch Cut is the perfect programme for me to focus on and really get my teeth into.
Anyone who fancies a gym buddy…hit me up!!!