Another British Pie Week recipe…
The simple yumminess of a Chicken Filo Pie…
500g Chicken Breast
1tbsp Corn flour or Plain Flour (mixed with a dash of water)
200ml Chicken Stock
100g Philadelphia Light
200g Carrot Batons
2 Sheets Filo Pastry
1 Garlic Clove or 1tsp Garlic Powder
– Pre heat the oven to 180˚C
– Pour the chicken stock, garlic, thyme and carrots into a pan – bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Lay in the chicken breasts, add some pepper, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. After this, remove from the heat and let the chicken sit in the stock for 15 more minutes while it cools slightly.
– Strain the stock into a jug (you need 250ml). Tip the chicken and veg into a small pie dish, then tear into chunky shreds.
– Pour the stock back into the pan and bring to the boil. Add the corn flour mix and keep stirring until it has thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the Philadelphia, season with pepper and pour over the chicken. Stir it all up so it’s nice and mixed.
– Cut your filo sheets to shape (slightly larger than the pie dish). Layer them on top of other another, brushing with a little oil as you go. Scrunch up the sides and grind pepper on top – then bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and sauce is bubbling! Serve immediately!
Serves 2 (large portions)
51% Protein / 29% Carbs / 20% Fat