So this was Week Three of the BodyBuilding.com Elite Body training programme, and the final week of my 10k training.
In all honesty, I have been a bit ‘meh’ this week. I’ve felt strong on some days and weak on others, determined half of the time and ready to give up the other half. I’ve had to reach out to Matt and some friends for some reassurance that I’m actually doing alright and changes are being made…but I got through it – and that’s the main thing!
Remember to check out the exercises on YouTube if you don’t know what they are. If you choose a BodyBuilding.com training plan, then they have ALL of the videos on there too!
Read my daily diary below:
Monday – Arms/Shoulders
- Superset 1 (x4) – Push Jerks (25kg Bar x 10) / Dumbell Upright Rows (8kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Cable Rear-Delt Flies (3.75kg each arm x 10) / Cable Front Raises (2.5kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Skullcrushers (15kg Bar x 10) / Drag Curls (15kg Bar x 10)
- Superset 4 (to failure) – Plank Pull Ups / Close Grip Push Ups
- Plank – 1 Minute
- Side Plank – 1 Minute (each side)
- Isometric V-Up – 30 Seconds
- Ab Roller x 20
- 5 Miles (10k training)
Tuesday – Plyometrics/Legs
Plyometrics – Circuit x 3
- Line Jumps x 10
- Tuck Jumps x 10
- Depth Jumps x 10
- Dynamic Step-Ups x 10 (each leg)
- 5 Sets of 10 @ 30kg
- Superset 1 (x3) – Good Mornings (25kg Bar x 10) / Standing Calf Raises (25kg Bar x 20)
- Superset 2 (x3) – Leg Curl (42.5kg x 10) / Leg Extensions (40kg x 10)
- 3.5 Miles
Wednesday – ‘Practice 10k’
- Superset 1 (x4) – One-arm Dumbbell Rows (10kg x 10 each arm) / Dumbbell Pullovers (14kg x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Rows (8kg each arm x 10) / Lat Pull Downs (25kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Lat Pull Downs (22.5kg x 10) / Cable Face Pulls (16.25kg x 10)
- Finisher – Single Arm Cable Lat Pull Downs (13.75 x 8 each arm)
- Roman Chair Leg Lift x 20
- Woodchopper @ 11.25kg x 20 (each side)
- Russian Twist x 30 (8kg Medicine Ball)
- 30 x Press Ups
- Superset 1 (x4) – Dumbbell Bench Press (8kg each arm x 10) / Seated Shoulder Press (7kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Flys (7kg each arm x 10) / Dumbbell Front Raises (7kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Dumbbell Rows (10kg each arm x 10) / Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises (4kg each arm x 10)
- Finisher (3 sets to failure) – Push Ups
- Toe Touch Sit Ups x 30
- Swiss Ball Crunches x 30
- Swiss Ball Roll Ups x 20
- Ab Roller x 20
- Plank – 1 minute
Sunday – ‘The Brands Hatch 10k’
I think I will write a little post about this separately. So stay tuned!!
This week was hard – really hard. But sitting here on Sunday evening at 18:15, I am really quite proud of myself!!
My week in cardio ^^
I made sure, once again, that I noted down all of the weights that I have done over the past weeks to see what increase I made from week to week.
Week 1 – 2: Overall, from all sets and reps, I lifted 2,465kgs more in week two than in week one. That’s 388 stone, which is 40 of me!
Week 2 – 3: In all sets and reps, I lifted 1,405kgs more in week three than in week two. That’s 221 stone, which is 23 of me!
I honestly thought that I hadn’t done that well, but by seeing these numbers, I have proven to myself that I am improving and I am getting stronger!
I am going into the final week of the Elite Body Training programme and finishing that bad boy off, then I have to choose a new one! Any suggestions…??