So this was Week Two of the BodyBuilding.com Elite Body training programme, and Week Three of my 10k training.
Last week seemed like a bit of a practice – me finding out what the exercises were, and seeing at what weight I could do them. This week, I printed out all of my sheets beforehand and filled them in with the weights that I wanted to do (increasing from last week). I really wanted to see how much of an increase I ended up doing throughout the entire week.
Now, I know some of the exercises below may mean absolutely nothing to you, and I’ll be honest, before the start of the week they meant nothing to me either!! I had to google the list of exercises the night before so I knew exactly what I was doing the next day. I will be writing post to explain what these exercises are, with links to good videos and explanations – so please don’t get down heartened if you don’t know what something is – a bit of YouTube normally does the trick.
Read my daily diary below:
Monday – Arms/Shoulders
- Superset 1 (x4) – Push Jerks (25kg Bar x 10) / Dumbell Upright Rows (7kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Cable Rear-Delt Flies (3.75kg each arm x 10) / Cable Front Raises (2.5kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Skullcrushers (12.5kg Bar x 10) / Drag Curls (12.5kg Bar x 10)
- Superset 4 (to failure) – Plank Pull Ups / Close Grip Push Ups
- Plank – 1 Minute
- Side Plank – 1 Minute (each side)
- Isometric V-Up – 30 Seconds
- Ab Roller x 20
- 30 Mins Stationary Bike (9 Miles)
Tuesday – Plyometrics/Legs
Plyometrics – Circuit x 3
- Line Jumps x 10
- Tuck Jumps x 10
- Depth Jumps x 10
- Dynamic Step-Ups x 10 (each leg)
- 5 Sets of 10 @ 25kg
- Superset 1 (x3) – Good Mornings (20kg Bar x 10) / Standing Calf Raises (20kg Bar x 20)
- Superset 2 (x3) – Leg Curl (40kg x 10) / Leg Extensions (40kg x 10)
- 3 Miles (outside)
Wednesday – HIIT
25 Minutes on Treadmill – 30 Seconds On/45 Seconds Off
Low – 9kph / High – 13kph
- Ab Crunch – 25kg x 30
- Cable Woodchopper – 20 x 11.25kg (each side)
- Hanging Leg Raise x 20
- Ab Roller x 10
- Russian Twists – 8kg x 30
- Superset 1 (x4) – One-arm Dumbbell Rows (9kg x 10 each arm) / Dumbbell Pullovers (14kg x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Rows (7kg each arm x 10) / Lat Pull Downs (25kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Lat Pull Downs (22.5kg x 10) / Cable Face Pulls (13.75kg x 10)
- Finisher – Single Arm Cable Lat Pull Downs (11.25 x 8 each arm)
- Roman Chair Leg Lift x 20
- Russian Twist x 30 (8kg Medicine Ball)
- 4 Miles on Treadmill
- Superset 1 (x4) – Dumbbell Bench Press (9kg each arm x 10) / Seated Shoulder Press (6kg each arm x 10)
- Superset 2 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Flys (6kg each arm x 10) / Dumbbell Front Raises (6kg x 10)
- Superset 3 (x4) – Incline Dumbbell Press (9kg each arm x 10) / Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises (4kg each arm x 10)
- Finisher (3 sets to failure) – Push Ups
- Toe Touch Sit Ups x 30
- Swiss Ball Crunches x 30
- Swiss Ball Roll Ups x 20
- Ab Roller x 20
I should have gone for quite a lengthy run on Friday, but to be perfectly honest, I was knackered out, in Friday mode and I didn’t go. Naughty Tiff!!!
I made sure I noted down all of the weights that I have done over the past two weeks to see what increase I made from week 1 to week 2. Overall, from all sets and reps, I lifted 2,465kgs more than in week 1. That’s 388 stone, which is 40 of me! Forty!! That’s incredible! I’m a numbers girl, and seeing this difference between Week 1 and Week 2 really spurs me on to smash Week 3!
There’s only one week now until the British Heart Foundation 10k that me at Matt are running, and we would love your support. Please donate by heading to our Just Giving page. Every tiny amount helps, so please take the time to give to the amazing charity.
One more week left of 10k training, and two more weeks of the Elite Body Programme. I’m ready and raring – lets SMASH this!!!