It’s funny how childhood favourite meals can make you feel so good. And considering you can eat these guilt free – I’ll definitely be making these more often!!
30g bread crumbs (use more if required)
2 chicken breast cut into chunks
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1½ teaspoons smoked paprika or sweet paprika
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
2 egg whites
– Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Coat a baking pan with olive oil spray.
– Melt butter in a small shallow bowl. Let it cool slightly and mix in egg whites.
– Add bread crumbs in a second shallow bowl and toss with brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, chilli powder, black pepper and garlic powder.
– Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge chicken in bread crumbs and place on baking pan. Continue until all chicken has been coated. Spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
– Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn over and spray with a little more cooking spray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, if desired. Bake an additional 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown and wedges are cooked.
– Serve with Sweet Potato Wedges & BBQ Sauce!!
(per 1/2 recipe)
61% Protein / 26% Carbs / 13% Fat